Friday, November 13, 2009

End of the world!!!

School term has finally ended. This is how i ended my last lecture.

"So if you do not have any more questions, i conclude that this is the end of the module. I will be on leave from tomorrow onwards. If you have any questions, you can approach prof A. He has taught this module before. On the actual exam, prof B will be invigilating. The paper will be marked by prof A. I have already given him your CA grades."

Amazing! In fact, SHOCKING! And we were always in doubt what is the scope of the exam. He initially said closed book exam which is disastrous given the difficulty of the module. After much persuasion from the students, he said "If you want, you can bring 1 to 2 pieces of paper. I will ask the invigilator to close one eye."

WHAT? Ask invigilator to close one eye? so does that really mean helpsheet is allowed? and what is 1 to 2 piece? so its 1 or 2?

"They chose to stay behind and leave their fate to the prayers." -quote from the movie 2012

I find the above quote suiting to my situation. Yea, caught the movie after school today. The movie is freaking good to be missed. Highly recommended. Non-stop action and an absolute thriller.

While watching this movie, i had one take home message in my head. I am going to put in a harder effort in conserving earth. Don't get me wrong. I am not that noble, trying to save the earth and all. After watching 2012, my only thought is to try and conserve earth, hoping all that shit will not happen while i am alive.

Another quote which got stuck in my head. (I can't really remember the exact phrase but it goes something like this.)"The day that man stop fighting for each other, that is the day mankind will end."

No comments: