Monday, March 22, 2010

An Observation

Its been quite some time since i last blogged. (I am wondering if i am going to use this opening for my future posts as well...)

I haven been rushing assignments since CNY!!! How i long to play soccer, watch variety shows and play my PSP. Been getting rather sleepy these days. Mondays seem unusually long (as usual..) My lesson started at 10am, ended early at 11.15. Start my reading from 11.30 to 2.30, while nodding off at the same time. Had a short break till 4 and lesson early (surprisingly) at 5.40. After reaching home and finishing my dinner, i am rushing my project. Taking a break from the project now.

Haha, i wonder if anyone is still reading this after that utmost boring paragraph. I think i am learning the skills of the authors of my reading coursepack. Boring people to death.

Anyway, i have made an interesting observation during my toilet break in school. Nope, the observation was not made in toilet but on my way to the toilet. There was this group of presumably primary school students on some science exploration or something. The prof (i assume) was demonstrating some science theories through experiments.

Prof: "Okie, i need a volunteer for the next experiment..."
Before he could even finish his line, the students go "Me Me Me!!!"

Were you one of those kids when you were young? Volunteering enthusiastically at any chance. This scene reminded me of another scene.

Prof: "I need a volunteer for the next question." (note, this sentence could be 2x longer than the one in the scenario i witness today, and the prof always have the time to finish his sentence.)
Students: *silence*

What had happened to that enthusiasm? Given another context where it does not involve teachers and students, the scenario would most likely remain the same. I admit i am one of the "guilty" personnel who seldom volunteers as enthusiastically as those pri school kids. (But i do not think i will change anytime soon too.)

Have we become too void of emotions in a public sphere? Do we have to witness artistes going through incredible stuns or look out for the presence of attractive prizes before we start donating? (Our "donations" has to be worthwhile...?)

While waiting at a bus stop this evening (okie this makes 2 observations instead of 1 as stated in the title...), the rubbish bin was smoking. The contents were burning, probably due to some inconsiderate user. Despite the many people present at the bus stop, none bothered to even attempt putting out the "fire".

I was hesitating if i should take out my water bottle and pour the remaining water into the bin. Alas, i decided to remain as guilty as the others and ignored the smoking rubbish bin like what the others were doing.

For a moment i felt ashamed for lacking the guts to do something out of the "norm".

No comments: