Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Religion VS Science

(I have nothing against religion. Please forgive me if you find my views offending.)


Italian group claims to debunk Shroud of Turin


I have just read the above article which appeared on yahoo news. Scientist has managed to reproduce the Shroud of Turin(revered as the cloth that covered Jesus in the tomb). Apparently the italian group is trying to make a statement that the relic was actually man made.

After i read this article, a question came into my mind. What happens if there is strong evidence that the religious materials are fakes? Can you imagine the chaos if it is proven that the Buddhas, Christ, and all the gods and heaven stuff are all proven to be imaginary?

Before all the religious people out there start to flame me intensively, I am not dismissing your religion in any way. I do respect each religion, but I urge all of you to step back and think about this in a neutral stand. Start from ground 0 and think about this.

Personally, I believe people would probably break down and feel lost. To put it in a lighter way, imagine that the beliefs that determine who you are, how you live are suddenly taken away. This is especially problematic for people of older age. It will be hard to accept the beliefs you have been holding on to, is proven to be wrong.

I know my question is hypothetical. However, I also believe that even with strong evidence, the religions will still exist. As mentioned in the article:

Garlaschelli told Repubblica he didn't think his research would convince those who have faith in the shroud's authenticity.

"They won't give up," he said. "Those who believe in it will continue to believe."


Once again, to all religious people who happen to stumble upon this post, i apologize if i offend you in any way.

2 comments:

cb on bonanzle said...

I am really and truly sick of those who look for whatever excuse they can to deny the fact that God exists and he is real. This tops the cake with their asinine thinking of how the Shroud of Turin is fake because they were able to make a mockery [replica] of it. I hope that Italian scientist enjoys his 15 minutes of fame and the money he was paid to utter horrible blasphemies. I would not even be a bit surprised if he's one of the scientists involved in making a body/clone for the Antichrist.

I encourage anyone who has ears to hear and eyes to see with to get a copy of the book called "Antichrist: The Cloned Image of Jesus Christ" by Joye Jeffries Pugh. The book discusses the Shroud of Turin and the coming Cloned Antichrist. The greatest deception that the world has ever seen is coming.

aegis said...

woooooow.. i dont know who you are.. but chill.. i think you are not getting what i am trying to say... or im not conveying my message correctly..

My real question which i urge all to think is... what happens if what you believe in are not true.. and it applies not only to just religion, and with that, not only to Christianity.. And i do urge u to look at it from a neutral ground. Not while your views are very much influenced by your religion.

One side comment: Now you can understand the feelings of the people who were approached by Christians, urging them to convert. That act is like denying their religion, their beliefs. What difference is that act from that of the italian scientist which you feel is trying to deny your beliefs...